Need Shed & Gazebos Services?
FILL OUT A QUICK 2 MINUTE FORM
FILL OUT A QUICK 2 MINUTE FORM
Compare Multiple Rates, so you know you’re getting the best deal.
Compare quotes on essential services and equipment for your home or business.
The easiest way to find services for your home
Tell us just a few basic details about what you’re looking to buy. Our quick forms will guide you through the key questions to consider.
We’ll introduce you to a few, hand-selected sellers who will provide best price quotes and answer any questions you may have.
You’ll compare multiple price quotes so you know you’re getting the best deal. Our handy Buyer’s Guides will prep you for the ins and outs.
Read our buying advice for Shed & Gazebos
What are Shed and Gazebo Services?
With the help of Shed and Gazebo Services, you will get all the information as well as associated costs of building, repairing, or maintaining a shed or gazebo. With the shed and gazebo services, you can make hassle-free and informed decisions about your shed and gazebo project.
Why you need Shed and Gazebo Services?
Build a Shed Barn or Playhouse
Functions of a shed or gazebo
A new shed or gazebo can be installed to provide many different kinds of spaces for recreational or work activities. They can be used as a playhouse for kids, a home office, a barn to keep pets or farm animals, and a garage to keep your cars safe and secure. A shed may also function as a storage space or as a workshop for DIY enthusiasts and creative hobbyists.
Features included in a shed or gazebo
Features that may be included in a shed or gazebo to improve function, comfort, and usability include plumbing, insulation, electricity, flooring or carpets, built-in shelving, and cabinets. Roll-up doors or a loft may be installed to save and create space while animal stalls will be installed if the shed is to function as a barn.
Materials used in the construction of a Shed or Gazebo include the following
- Wood sheds and gazebos have a warm natural look. They are also easy to work and durable but are relatively more expensive and need regular maintenance. A variety of wood types are available like cedar or redwood, while wood composite is also an option for the same look at less expense.
- Steel sheds and gazebos are durable, strong, require little maintenance, and are relatively cheaper to buy, but the material is not visibly appealing, dents easily, and is not easily customizable.
- Siding and roofing to match the home is a good idea for a shed or gazebo as it will give the house and outbuildings a visibly cohesive look.
- Aluminum is not as strong as steel but is still a durable material, easy to install and maintain but with little aesthetic value.
- Vinyl sheds are low maintenance, easy to install, and durable. It is not the strongest material, and once damaged, it is difficult to repair.
Build or Install a Gazebo or Freestanding Porch
Gazebos may be freestanding or attached to a wall of the home. They provide shade and outdoor covered living space as well as adding to the aesthetic value of your house.
The material used for Decks or Floors
- It will rest on the existing patio/deck. The gazebo will be secured or anchored to your existing patio.
- Raised deck with lattices. Lattices are a quick and efficient way to enclose your deck. They are easy to install but not as strong as concrete.
- A poured concrete slab is the strongest and most durable option for resting a deck on. Concrete is especially useful in areas with extreme weather conditions or in spaces that are open to the elements.
- Raised solid decks are essential if you want to install a floor to your gazebo.
Style of Gazebo
A gazebo may have many customizable shapes with the most common preferences being rectangular or square, octagonal, and oval.
Features which may be included in a gazebo
Features that may be included in a gazebo could include traditional square picket walls or solid walls. A skylight, glass windows, or screens may be included as can a swing. You could opt to add plumbing, electricity with heating and a ceiling fan. You could also install a stereo, tv, cable and a bar.
Gazebo or Freestanding Porch-Repair
The following work may need to be done for a gazebo repair
Sand and apply new sealing
A gazebo should be resealed every few years to keep it weatherproof. The existing stain and sealant are removed, and new sealing is applied.
Sand and repaint
The existing stain and sealant are removed, and two to three coats of paint are applied.
Add extra pieces/options
You may wish to enclose your gazebo with a lattice fencing or add fans, lights, or other fixtures to your gazebo.
Sand and re-stain
The existing stain is sanded away, and the gazebo is re-stained.
Repair/replace damaged parts
Any damaged parts will be evaluated and repaired
Add/repair electrical or cable
A professional electrician will be required if electric connections are to be added.
You may also require someone to Add/adjust fans, Add/adjust mister, or Add/adjust lights to your greenhouse. You could also need help installing the greenhouse kit.
You may also require the following services in relation to your greenhouse;
Replace poly film
Poly film is one of the best greenhouse coverings but needs maintenance and replacement after about five years.
Add the second layer of poly film
The benefits of the second layer are that air is inflated between two layers, which provide insulation and improve heat retention.
Replace broken glass
Broken glass is carefully removed before the new glass is installed.
Fiberglass has largely been replaced by polycarbonate greenhouse glazing but is still available as a greenhouse covering.
Polycarbonate will need replacing about every ten years.
Replace old glazing with polycarbonate
A versatile, durable, non-breakable, and insulating material, polycarbonate is often used to replace old glazing as a greenhouse cover.
Add/replace shade cloth
Shade cloth is a water-resistant material and is used to reduce the temperature for the greenhouse plants.
Insulation of the greenhouse involves covering with layers of fabric, bubble wrap, and thermal insulation foil.
Adjust doors and windows
Doors and windows may also be repaired or insulated.
Vents provide oxygen o the plants and need to be kept in working condition.
Shed, Barn or Playhouse Repair
A shed, barn, or playhouse may require someone to help add or remove walls, add plumbing or repair roofing. You may wish to enlarge your shed, add electricity, windows, or repair the sides.
Water Dock Repair
A water dock may be permanent, floating, suspended, standing, or portable. A water dock may require repairs if it has bent frames or if the raising and lowering mechanisms are faulty. A water dock may need to be secured, or it may need expansion. The wood should be checked for dry rot and regularly reconfigured. A water dock may also need repairs for cracked concrete.
Features which may be included in a workshop
- The loft may be installed to create extra space.
- Concrete Slab Floor is durable, strong, and needs little maintenance.
- Plumbing will increase comfort and improve usability for the construction.
- Roll-up doors save space.
- Insulation conserves energy and improves comfort levels.
- Flooring or carpet will make the workshop more comfortable but should be installed according to the purpose of the workshop (e.g., the carpet may not be a good idea for a painting space which can see many spills)
- Cabinets will improve the function of the workshop.
- Plywood floors or joints are easy to install, relatively affordable, and add a natural look to space.
- Electricity will improve function and mean that lights, fans, and heating may be installed.
- Windows will improve ventilation and make the workshop more comfortable.
- Drywall will need to be installed, plastered and painted
- The painted interior improves the aesthetic appeal of the workshop.
- Ramps improve accessibility for people suffering from disabilities.
- Built-in shelving improves the function of the space.
Budget required for Shed and Gazebo Services
The average cost of building a shed or a gazebo for your home can range from $3522 to $9342. Meanwhile, the cost of a shed or gazebo repair can range from $434 to $1475.
With the help of Shed and Gazebo Services, you can make stress free decisions about all your shed and gazebo needs. You will also be provided with a variety of price quotations so you can establish a budget before beginning your shed or gazebo project.