Need Plumbing Services?
FILL OUT A QUICK 2 MINUTE FORM
FILL OUT A QUICK 2 MINUTE FORM
Compare Multiple Rates, so you know you’re getting the best deal.
Compare quotes on essential services and equipment for your home or business.
The easiest way to find services for your home
Tell us just a few basic details about what you’re looking to buy. Our quick forms will guide you through the key questions to consider.
We’ll introduce you to a few, hand-selected sellers who will provide best price quotes and answer any questions you may have.
You’ll compare multiple price quotes so you know you’re getting the best deal. Our handy Buyer’s Guides will prep you for the ins and outs.
Read our buying advice for Plumbing Services
Plumbing is associated with the system of pipelines, fittings, drainage, tanks, and other means involved in conveying fluids; hence, it is essential to plan and execute your plumbing work in an ideal way to prevent future problems.
What are the different types of Plumbing Services?
The need for plumbing services often arises due to an old pipeline system, the use of poor-quality materials as plumbing fixtures, or improper planning and execution of plumbing conducted earlier. There are several types of plumbing services, including the following:
- Drain Clearing: This service offers the cleaning of a blocked or clogged drain, the inspection or identification of broken drain joints/pipes, and also the cleaning of the main sewer. The problem faced by the client is highlighted, which helps in tracing the underlying issue to identify an appropriate solution.
- Installation or repair of Faucets, Fixtures, and pipes: This area covers a whole range of fittings, including; shower(s), bathtub(s), sink(s), toilet(s), etc. The clients can install the required fittings entirely according to their preference, for instance, a walk-in tub, clawfoot, or a whirlpool bathtub. Furthermore, new gas piping can be installed or the existing ones repaired for a wide variety of appliances such as the clothes dryer, generator, central heating system, water heater, stove, oven, fireplace, etc.
- Installation or repair of pumps: New pumps for wells and sump pumps may be installed or the existing ones repaired. A single-phase or a three-phase well pump can be installed with the chosen voltage power.
- Septic systems, Sewers, and Water Mains Service: A new water pipe may be installed from your home to the street, or the existing one can be replaced/repaired depending upon whether the problem of a broken pipe exists. Septic tanks may be repaired, replaced, or entirely new ones installed based on the issue at hand. The problem of a slow drain, backing up of wastewater into the sink, bad odor, etc. can be rectified by either repairing/replacing the existing sewer pipe or installing a new sewer pipeline.
- Sprinkler systems: Sprinkler systems can be repaired or new ones installed in the garden or lawn. New mist cooling systems can be installed or the existing ones repaired in different areas including, the patio, around the pool, the gazebo, greenhouse, or for animals at the kennel/barn, etc. The system can be temporary or permanent based upon the choice of the client.
- Water heaters: The installation or repair of different types of water heaters is provided, namely the tankless water heater, the storage tank water heater, and the solar water heater. The client specifies the size and purpose of the water heater, and then it is installed in the desired area.
- Water softening and purification: A water purification or treatment system may be installed or repaired with equipment based on the clients’ choice. The water treatment equipment includes a water purifier, water softener, distilled water dispenser, filtered water dispenser, etc.
- Other services: There is a wide range of non-traditional plumbing services offered that can significantly improve the water and heating systems. These include radiant floor heating system, hot tub or spa, pre-fabricated fireplace unit, boilers or radiator heating systems, etc. The boiler system may be electric, natural gas-fired, oil-fired, or propane gas-fired.
Why do you need Plumbing Services?
People often perceive plumbing as a water-related service. However, it is also primarily associated with heating systems, furnaces, fixtures, and fittings, appliances, boilers, water heaters, etc.
Benefits of Plumbing Services
The presence of plumbing services can aid in preventing problems related to water/heating systems and also prove beneficial in the long-run due to the numerous benefits that accompany these services. These include;
- Water Efficiency: With proper systems and cleaner clog-free pipelines, there is greater efficiency in terms of water usage that saves up on this precious resource. New and advanced faucets, pipes, and other fittings by the plumbing service providers have minimized water wastage by significantly reducing the water used through toilets, showerheads, sprinklers, etc.
- Saves Time: The provision of plumbing services saves the client a lot of time that would have otherwise been wasted in suspecting, identifying, and finally rectifying the problem at hand.
- Helps prevent substantial potential damage: Minor plumbing issues, if attended to at the right time by a professional plumbing service provider, can help prevent significant damage in the future that might require more time and money.
- Saves Money: Prevention of considerable potential damage significantly decreases the likelihood of paying up thousands of dollars for the damaged pipelines, severely clogged sewers, or other systems.
How much do Plumbing Services Cost?
The cost to hire a plumber depends on the duration and complexity of the work involved. The level of skillfulness of the plumber or plumbing company also influences the value of the project. The price can be as low as $50-$100 for merely coming to your house and inspecting the problem that needs to be fixed. This is called the inspection or service fee. It can also be as high as $3,000-$14,000 for a time consuming, and a complex job like a complete bathroom remodel, drain installation, water heater installation, etc. Generally, the cost of hiring a plumber ranges from $175 to $450, with the average cost per hour ranging from $45 to $200. The more complicated the job is, the costlier the project. Plumbers may also charge an hourly rate for larger tasks. Commonly, they charge around $85, but the price may range from $45 to $150 per hour. If there are some other requirements, then prices may also go up.
Certain odd jobs cannot be done on our own, and for that, we require the help of trained and skilled professionals who can get the job done. Plumbing is a difficult task, and negligence in handling the task can lead to bigger problems. For this purpose, it is necessary to get in touch with a certified and reliable professional who can deal with your plumbing problems with expertise and devise a suitable, cost-effective package for you. At the same time, you can sit back and relax.