Need Remodeling & Renovation Services?
FILL OUT A QUICK 2 MINUTE FORM
Compare Multiple Rates, so you know you’re getting the best deal.
Read the FREE Buyer’s Guide at the bottom, it will help you make the right decision.
The easiest way to find services for your home
Fill our formTell us just a few basic details about what you’re looking to buy. Our quick forms will guide you through the key questions to consider.
Get connectedWe’ll introduce you to a few, hand-selected sellers who will provide best price quotes and answer any questions you may have.
Choose bestYou’ll compare multiple price quotes so you know you’re getting the best deal. Plus, our handy Buyer’s Guides will prep you for the ins and outs.
What are Remodel and Renovation Services?
Remodel, and Renovation services will give you all the details you need to make informed decisions about your remodeling or renovation of any part of your home.
Why you need Remodel and Renovation Services?
A kitchen renovation could involve getting new doors for cabinets and cupboards or entirely replacing cabinets. A remodel may also mean getting new trims and moldings and removing and replacing appliances such as washer, dryers, dishwashers, ovens, and stovetops to update the functionality of the kitchen. A kitchen remodel may also involve updating countertops and the sink. A kitchen remodel will begin by assessing the current functionality of existing plumbing and wiring, and these will be repaired or replaced before other work is commenced.
A basement renovation may be needed to use the extra space as a separate apartment to rent out or as a game room, laundry room, or office. If the basement needs to be converted into a separate living space, it will need plumbing and wiring work for a bathroom and kitchen as well as the installation of a HAVAC system to make sure ventilation, heating, and cooling are covered. Drywall will need to installed, plastered, and painted if partitions are being made and doors, stairs, and cabinets, as well as fixtures such as lights and fans, will have to be installed.
Remodeling a bathroom may mean a complete remodel in which the whole bathroom is stripped of all its fixtures, and new fixtures are installed. Remodeling a bathroom may mean removal or replacement of only a few fixtures, such as installing a new bath or a new toilet. It will begin with an assessment of current plumbing and wiring, and any problems will be addressed before new fixtures are installed.
Major Renovation-Multiple Rooms
Multiple rooms may be part of a major remodel which can involve stripping away all the existing fixtures and fittings and replacing them with a brand new look according to the homeowner's preferences.
The attic is first assessed to make sure that the roof's gutter system and drainage are in optimal working condition. The walls and ceiling of the attic are also evaluated to make sure that they do not suffer from any water damage, pest infestation, or other damage. The loft is then renovated according to the homeowner's preferred interior design.
A garage can be remodeled to provide a hobby room or a workroom for creative homeowners and DIY enthusiasts. The garage space can also be used to provide safe storage space or play area for your family. Remodeling a garage may involve removing and replacing the garage doors or installing storage cabinets or work tables.
Remodeling a laundry will involve assessing current plumbing and wiring. It will be repaired or replaced as needed. Appliances may be updated to improve function, decrease energy costs, or as part of new interior design.
A living room may be remodeled before a major event in the family such as a wedding or as part of staging efforts before putting the house up for selling.
Pool Deck- Build
You may choose any of the following materials for your pool;
- Stamped concrete is beautiful, low maintenance, but it is hard to install and is more expensive than other options.
- Colored concrete is a durable and beautiful option, but it is expensive and hard to install.
- Exposed aggregate (pebbles) is durable as it can last for decades, but it is expensive.
- Wood gives a warm and natural look to the deck. It is an easy to install option but requires regular maintenance and water-resistant treatment.
- Interlocking concrete pavers are a quickly installed, durable, and low maintenance pool decking option.
- Tile is inexpensive, comes in a large variety of designs, colors, and materials and is low maintenance and easy to install.
- Brick pool decks give a warm natural look and are inexpensive, easy to install, and durable.
Pool Tile-Install or Repair
There are many types of tile to choose from including;
- Porcelain tile is affordable, easy to install but may not be very durable.
- Mosaic tile looks beautiful, come in a large variety of designs and will add personality to your pool.
- Glass tile provides a beautiful aesthetic but is a delicate tile option.
- Brick tile has a warm natural aesthetic, is affordable, and is durable.
- Stone tile is expensive, but they are the most durable kind of flooring and look naturally beautiful.
Remodel a single room
Remodeling a single room may be needed before an event such as a new arrival in the family and event such as a wedding or to convert a previously unused space into a functional living area.
Remodel to Accommodate a disability
The following installations could be added to a room to adjust it for disabilities;
- Add ramp and handrails. A wheelchair ramp and handrails in the hallways and at specific parts of the house should be installed.
- Exterior doorways. Wider entryways with sliding doors, doorknobs, locks, or handles may need adjustment to provide easy access. Clearance around doors should be about 36 inches.
- Interior doorways. Interior doorways should be widened to ease movement.
- Staircases/steps. A stairlift, elevator or ramp may need to be installed.
- Lighting. Accessible switches and bright lights should be installed.
- Flooring. Flooring should be non-slippery but softer.
- Closets. Closets may be made more accessible.
- Bedrooms. Widen doorway, install handrails, and adjust the height of the bed.
- Bathroom. Handrails are helpful, as is removing bathing barriers such as a tub that needs to be climbed into. The height of the toilet should be updated.
- Hallways. Hallways should be widened. Open floor plans are preferred.
- Kitchen. Adjust the height of counters and cabinets.
A pool may be surfaced in the following materials;
- Vinyl is affordable to install and can be customized into any shape. The liner of the vinyl surface may need to be frequently replaced, and there is the possibility that algae will grow on the vinyl.
- Tile improves the look of a pool, is affordable, comes in many designs, and is easy to install. However, tiles can break easily, and a broken tile can cause injury if not repaired in a timely way.
- Concrete is expensive and slow to install but is very durable. Concrete surfaces also require regular maintenance.
- Fiberglass is quick to install, relatively durable, and easy to maintain. It is, however, not a very customizable surface option.
During a swimming pool remodel you may wish to opt for one or more of the following;
- Resurfacing pool means removing the existing surface and installing a new surface made of the material of your choice.
- The new pool deck means removing the existing pool deck and installing a new pool deck to revamp the curb appeal of your home.
- Plumbing or electrical work beneath the pool deck may be needed for heating pool water or adding lighting to the pool and deck.
- Pool lights mean that the pool can be comfortably used even at night time and come in a wide variety of options to suit your taste.
- New tile/coping. New tiles will make your pool look unique and different.
- Repair or replace wall steps. These should be repaired or replaced if they show damage to prevent injury.
- Skimmer replacement is pretty expensive for an in-ground pool but is more affordable for an above ground pool. An above-ground pool skimmer is replaced by lowering water levels, detaching hose, removing screws, and quickly screwing back some screws in the bottom of the faceplate to make sure liner is not disturbed. The new skimmer and seal are then aligned, inserted, and screwed in.
- The chlorination/cleaning system should be regularly maintained and may need removal and replacement if it is not functioning correctly.
Budget required for Remodel and Renovation Services
The average cost of a renovation or remodeling project was $3987 to $18476.
With the help of remodeling services, you will get all the information you need to make informed decisions about your remodeling and renovation project.