Need Home Security Services?
FILL OUT A QUICK 2 MINUTE FORM
Compare Multiple Rates, so you know you’re getting the best deal.
Read the FREE Buyer’s Guide at the bottom, it will help you make the right decision.
The easiest way to find services for your home
Fill our formTell us just a few basic details about what you’re looking to buy. Our quick forms will guide you through the key questions to consider.
Get connectedWe’ll introduce you to a few, hand-selected sellers who will provide best price quotes and answer any questions you may have.
Choose bestYou’ll compare multiple price quotes so you know you’re getting the best deal. Plus, our handy Buyer’s Guides will prep you for the ins and outs.
Home Security is a significant area of concern for every individual today, as with the rapid pace of growth and globalization, people are always on the lookout for new ways to keep their loved ones and belongings safe and secure. There are a large number of companies providing a diverse range of home security systems and services, including SimpliSafe, Vivint Smart Home, ADT Home Security Systems, Frontpoint Home Security, Ring Alarm, Abode Security System, etc.
What are the different types of Home Security Services?
Home Security Services include a diverse range of services to keep your home safe and secure, and these include the following:
- Alarms/ Security System: New alarms may be installed or the existing ones repaired. This includes securing doors and windows, motion detectors, wireless systems, fire/smoke protection, etc. It is up to you where you would like to install the entry keypad for access.
- Surveillance Cameras: This includes either a repair of the existing surveillance cameras or the installation of new ones. The number of cameras to be installed, the features of the cameras, and the way it is planted is entirely up to you. The surveillance cameras may be hidden or exposed, provide audio along with the video, etc.
- Fire Protection/Prevention Services: You can add additional devices to your existing fire prevention system or install a new fire protection system entirely. These services include residential sprinkler systems, fire extinguishers/fire blankets, chimney cap spark arresters, Smoke detectors/heat sensors, etc.
- Monitoring device for Alarm/Security systems: The security system may be installed by you or the service provider, hence requiring the monitor for alarm/security. It works in such a way that upon the occurrence of an emergency, the control panel will send a signal to the central monitoring station, notifying the appropriate authorities for the relevant action to be undertaken.
- Electric Gate: This can take the form of a repair or installation of an electric gate. The material of the gate can be iron, aluminum, steel, or any other material of your choice.
- Child Proofing: This includes the securing of doors, windows, drawers, appliances, pool(s), gates, etc. Also, the safety of children can be ensured through the corner and edge guards, toilet lid locks, removable child safety fences, and childproof bottles caps, etc.
- Security Bars: These can be installed, altered, or repaired. The security bars are mainly installed at the windows, doors, single or double gates, sliding doors, or other such areas. There are different types of security bars such as permanently mounted bars or removable ones, etc.
- Safe: A safe may be installed for the secure storage of important items. There are various types of safes, including wall safes, floor safes, cashier safes, security chests, safe deposit boxes, etc. These safes are equipped by the service providers to possess the features of your choice such as combination locks, tubular key locks, programmable electronic locks, waterproofing, and a myriad of other such features.
- Security/Storm Shutters: These shutters can be installed to suit a variety of purposes, including protection against storms/hurricanes, sun control, to create an attractive exterior, energy conservation, or for privacy reasons, etc. The material of the shutters can be aluminum, steel, vinyl, wood, etc. However, steel shutters are the most secure but also the heaviest form of shutters. The price may vary depending upon the operation (i.e. remote controlled or manual shutters), installation, length, and the finish (i.e. powder coat over the standard color as per the requirements) of the shutters. The price of shutters lies mainly between $300-$1000 and maybe higher based on the features, material, and length of it.
Why do you need Home Security Services?
Home Security systems are not just about protection from burglars or intruders, which is mostly how they are perceived to be used for. In fact, they provide one of the best forms of security against mishaps or emergency situations such as a fire. Having a security system in your home can help protect your valuables and loved ones. However, it is beneficial to conduct research prior to availing Home Security Services in order to identify the right system for your needs. By hiring a home security service, you will most certainly get a warranty associated with your home security devices. Hence the peace of mind associated with hiring professional home security companies is well worth the added cost.
The Benefits of Home Security Services
There are a whole lot of factors to consider when deciding on whether to get a home security service such as the benefits that it provides;
- Deters crime: A professionally monitored home security system with a display of signs/stickers on windows, wards off criminal activities, and goes so far as so even reduce the likelihood of criminal activities in the neighborhood.
- Provides Remote Access to your Home: Depending upon the home security company providing the services to you, remotely monitoring your home is fairly easy even when you are not there, through the cameras whilst door locks, lights, and other devices can also be controlled.
- Notifies about gas/fire problems: You have the option of receiving notifications when the fire alarm goes off. Also, depending upon the chosen home security service company, you can also add the additional feature of notifying authorities in case of an emergency, to take prompt action, and get the situation under control.
- Reduces the cost of Home insurance: With the services of a home security company, you may have to pay a monthly fee for your security system, but it can lower the homeowner’s insurance by up to 20%.
How much do Home Security Services Cost?
The cost of home security services differs from company to company and may be high or low depending upon the additional features of security added and the range of devices installed. Nowadays, the average cost of home security system monitoring services lies somewhere between $15-$35 per month. The cost of security equipment ranges between $10-$35/month whilst the upfront cost of home security equipment mainly ranges from $100-$250. Hence, to get started with a home security service, you will pay an average upfront cost of a home security system ranging between $250-$1500+.
With a home security system enabled, you can sit back and relax, knowing that your home is safe and secure. However, it is vital to select the right professionals for availing these services, and for this reason, it is essential to weigh up the pros and cons associated with each home security company, in order to make well-informed and wise decisions, that perfectly suit your needs.