Need Garage Services?
FILL OUT A QUICK 2 MINUTE FORM
FILL OUT A QUICK 2 MINUTE FORM
Compare Multiple Rates, so you know you’re getting the best deal.
Compare quotes on essential services and equipment for your home or business.
The easiest way to find services for your home
Tell us just a few basic details about what you’re looking to buy. Our quick forms will guide you through the key questions to consider.
We’ll introduce you to a few, hand-selected sellers who will provide best price quotes and answer any questions you may have.
You’ll compare multiple price quotes so you know you’re getting the best deal. Our handy Buyer’s Guides will prep you for the ins and outs.
Read our buying advice for Garage Services
What are Garage Door Services?
A garage door installation or replacement is just one of many jobs related to your garage. There is a plethora of information and details to get bogged down associated with garages. Therefore, it is easy to get tired before any work is even started. That’s where garage doors services will come to your rescue.
We provide every information you need to make smart choices regarding your garage project. Whether it is a replacement, repair, or installation of a garage door, or if you need to remodel or clean up your long-neglected garage, with the help of Garage Door Services, you get all the details and costs to make an accurate budget and start your garage project with efficiency.
Functional Features of Garage Door Services
Garage – Build
Adding a garage will add value to your home. Moreover, a garage will hold not just your cars but also all your nick-knacks, carpentry, painting, or other DIY projects you have. So, as well as a safe place to park your car, your garage also doubles as a storage space, hobby room, and work area.
The average cost of building a garage starts at 49 dollars per square foot. For building a one-car garage, the cost can be about 7500-14200 dollars, while the price of a two-car garage goes from 19600-28200 dollars.
Garage Organizers – Install
Garage storing solutions include storage and shelving units, magnetic and pegboards, hooks, folding workbenches cabinets, and racks. The storage and shelving units in a vast array of design and materials including;
- Ready to assemble steel racks provide secure storage solutions.
- Wooden shelves and storage units have aesthetic appeal.
- Wire shelving is affordable and strong enough to hold plenty of items.
- Steel cabinets are durable and a secure storage option.
- Welded steel is a good idea for garages because it is strong, long-lasting, and requires no maintenance.
- Plastic shelving and cabinets are also an affordable, low maintenance method.
Concrete Driveways & Floors – Install
A concrete driveway can cost from 4-10 dollars per square foot. The complete installation cost of an average driveway is around 4237 dollars. Size, length, shape, and terrain will affect the cost of your specific driveway. Concrete driveways and garage floors are a popular option because concrete is extremely durable and doesn’t need any type of sealing or resurfacing. It is, however, difficult to repair and can be weathered with cracks forming due to temperature fluctuation.
The price of cementing a garage floor can range from 1-2 dollars per square foot.
A garage renovation will add an extra room to your house. The extra living space can be used as a work, hobby, gaming, or storage room. Moreover, a garage remodel will add some value to your home, so the money spend on remodeling will eventually be reimbursed when you sell the property.
Garage Door - Install or Replace
Since garage doors are often right at the front of the house, they should have some aesthetic value as well as provide a sturdy, functional service. If you are thinking of installing or replacing a garage door you will probably choose from one of these six most common types;
- Sectional garage doors are a popular style but need extra headroom as the hinges of garage door lie parallel with the ceiling when closed.
- Roll-up garage doors are often used in commercial buildings. The door is made of steel slats that are rolled around a drum. This design requires less headroom.
- Slide to the side garage doors bend and slide to sit parallel to the sidewall of the garage.
- Side-hinged garage doors are an old-fashioned design commonly made of wood or sheet metal.
- Tilt-up and over canopy garage doors tilt up and protrudes over the doorway, forming a canopy.
- Tilt-up and over retractable garage doors do not protrude beyond the house, lifting up and tilting into the garage instead. This style requires more room to operate.
Garage Door Repair
You may be alerted to the fact that your garage door needs repair by the following signs;
- Excessive noise, grinding sounds when opening. Loose installation or excessive friction can also lead to noise.
- Weather sealant is damaged, or visible rusting can be seen. A cracked whether sealant needs to be replaced while rust needs to be cleaned to maintain proper door function.
- The door remote is not working. Make sure batteries are full and correctly placed.
- Garage doors open a bit then slide closed
- Garage doors close and then gape open again
- Garage doors leave a gap even when closed. This problem can be solved by installing pipe insulation.
- Cracks in garage doors can be sealed with filler or sealant.
Garage door opener repair commonly costs from 100-190 dollars. Most handymen have a minimum fee for onsite work that you will have to pay as well as costs.
Garage Door Opener – Repair or Adjust
You could need repair or adjustment of the garage door opener if you face the following problems;
- The door opener doesn’t work. Try to reduce friction and see if the problem improves.
- Door opener such as wall controller or remote is unresponsive. This means that the photo eyes are not working. Check the power supply and electrical outlets and make sure they are fully functional.
Garage Door Spring – Repair
A garage door spring will typically last from 7-9 years before it starts acting up. However, garage doors that are in constant use may see an acceleration of wear and tear and need repair or replacement in as little as 1-4 years.
The high-tension garage door spring prevents the garage door from sliding down when it is partially open, so it is an essential safety feature. A broken spring can cause injury, so it is imperative that it is repaired as soon as possible. Replacing a garage door spring can cost 200-300 dollars if the job is done by a professional.
Waste, Junk, Building Material and Debris- Remove and Haul
You could require some help to remove and haul away the accumulation of waste, junk, or other debris in the garage.
Yard Waste and Clipping Remove
Yard waste and clippings can be a tedious problem, especially in the autumn months. You might need some help removing the accumulation of yard waste and clippings from your property.
Designers & Decorations
Designers can design your garage to be a lively extension of your home.
Budget Required for Garage Door Services
According to figures submitted by home advisor members, the average budget required to install a garage door is 1100 dollars. While the average cost of a garage door repair is 215 dollars.
With the help of garage doors services, you will have all the details you need to make informed decisions about your garage-related project. To start your garage-related projects in a hassle-free way, get the help of garage doors services.