Need Basement Remodeling Services?
FILL OUT A QUICK 2 MINUTE FORM
FILL OUT A QUICK 2 MINUTE FORM
Compare Multiple Rates, so you know you’re getting the best deal.
Compare quotes on essential services and equipment for your home or business.
The easiest way to find services for your home
Tell us just a few basic details about what you’re looking to buy. Our quick forms will guide you through the key questions to consider.
We’ll introduce you to a few, hand-selected sellers who will provide best price quotes and answer any questions you may have.
You’ll compare multiple price quotes so you know you’re getting the best deal. Our handy Buyer’s Guides will prep you for the ins and outs.
Read our buying advice for Basement Remodel Services
Everyone wants a fully functional basement. Many of us dream of renovating or remodeling the basements we paid for, so they become useful and livable areas of the house instead of dumping grounds for all the useless clutter in the house. Some of the options for a basement remodel are given below.
- Bathrooms. Best to install under an existing bathroom upstairs to save expenses. Needs plumbing and electrical work done.
- Laundry. Can range in price depending on your existing plumbing and electrical work. A simple washer and dryer hookup can be as little as 100 dollars.
- Bedroom. Drywalls and finishing expenses, and drop ceiling vs drywall ceiling choices. Also, electrical work may need to be done.
- Office. The price depends on your existing electrical work, drywalls, finishing and ceiling will need to be done.
- Exercise Area. Services include waterproofing, HAVC, put in drywalls, ceiling and finishing.
- Separate apartment. Fixing up your basement, so it is suitable to rent out with a kitchen, bathroom and bedroom.
- Game room. The price depends on your design and floor area.
- Stairway. Most contractors charge around 1000 dollars for getting this professionally done.
- Home theater. Will involve electrical wiring, carpentry work and price of fixtures.
- Storage. Mainly focus on waterproofing and get carpentry work done.
- Kitchen. Will involve plumbing and electrical work as well as the basics of waterproofing, drywall, ceiling and carpentry work.
- Workshop. Carpentry and electrical work might be required.
Whatever your needs are, you are going to search a lot of information before you can start your basement remodel project. The cost to refinish a basement can be quite high, so you need to plan carefully and get all the information you need to make the most informed choices about your remodeling project. From the price of a basement remodel to the basement remodeling companies who can handle the job you want done, basement remodeling services will provide you with all the necessary information you need, answer all your questions as well as match you up with an experienced remodeling company that has the skills you require.
What do a Basement Remodeling Services mean?
Basement remodeling services will find experienced basement remodeling companies and contractors in your area that match your needs and are willing and able to do your basement renovation within your specifications and within your time constraints. Basement remodeling services will also provide you with various price quotes from companies in your area, which are providing the services you need.
You may want to fix up your house and add a home theatre or a laundry by breaking some walls, installing some pipes, some wiring and some drywalls. It sounds simple, but if not approached carefully, it could turn into a disaster. That’s why you need basement remodeling services. With basement remodeling services, you can first make the necessary decisions about what exactly you are aiming for with your basement renovation. You can get accurate price estimates of the cost of labor and the cost and quality of materials, the permits needed, and finally, you can learn about who is offering the services you need and has the expertise to get your job done in your area with the minimum of stress for you and within your time and budget constraints.
Benefits of a Basement Remodeling Service
Basically, we will walk you through every aspect of a basement remodel. With your input of professional design or your basic idea of what you want, we will put together a full plan of the exact spaces you have to work with, what you envision for those spaces and every step you need to take, the decisions that need to be made, its cost and the work involved for your empty or outdated space to become updated and usable living areas. With our help, you will learn the budget you need to do a basement renovation as well as the permits you need, and the people who will do the actual work for you. We will match you with the basement remodeling companies in your area that have the skills and experience to do the job you need.
Budget required for a Basement Model
The budget for a basement remodel can range from 11,030 to about 29,209 dollars, on an average, according to actual costs as reported by home advisor members. The cost can be quite a bit higher than this, as much as 40,000 dollars, for larger or more fancier renovations and it can be much less, as low as a few hundred dollars for limited renovations. The cost is often calculated per square feet of the basement area and it includes the following costs.
- Permits. Before beginning any building work, you need permits from your local authority.
- Waterproofing. One of the most vital areas, waterproofing, depends on your space and its price ranges on average from 300-5000 dollars depending on the amount of work that needs to be done.
- Foundation repair. This important step has to be looked at before any work can commence.
- Plumbing. This includes the cost of materials and the cost of the plumber, who will usually work on hourly rates. If you want to build a new bathroom or new kitchen, your plumbing costs may include the price of fixtures and maybe breaking some older walls to install pipes.
- Heating Ventilation and Air conditioning systems are seen to by electricians, plumbers and carpenters working together and need to be addressed before any work can commence.
- Electrical installation. This includes the cost of the fixtures and wiring as well as the labor costs of an electrician.
- Carpentry costs. If you require the building of separates stairs or a new entrance to the basement.
- Drywall. This includes the costs of the materials as well as the cost of framing, installation and finishing by carpenters.
- Drywall ceiling or drop ceiling. You will need to choose which kind of ceiling you prefer and factor in the cost of buying the materials and installing either a drywall or drop ceiling.
- Home theater or Wet Bar costs. These will cost for the electrical wiring, for the TV, soundproofing, seating, wet bar carpentry costs, lighting fixtures and installation costs by electricians.
- Transport costs. You will have to factor in the transport costs of materials ordered from a distance. The transport costs of materials such as wooden frames and drywall can be prohibitive if it is transported from a great distance, so it would be best to source these materials from nearby.
Using basement remodeling services mean you do not have to stress about every single nitty-gritty of the difficult and tension inducing project that a basement renovation is. Basement remodeling services will save you a lot of anxiety and stress as a project like this is so complicated and needs so much planning that it is best to have some help, guidelines and budget in place before beginning any work.